We upgrade your cylinder(s) by replacing the tiny OEM rod seal with a much larger one made of superior materials, and adding custom caps made of CNC machined stainless steel to accommodate these superior seals. Our seals are not sensitive to water and are resistant to most additives in hydraulic fluid. This results in a much longer service life than the standard OEM cylinders for a fraction of the price.
Our Core Exchange option makes this as easy as buying a new cylinder - you only have to ship back your old cylinder(s) afterwards for core credit.
Top Hydraulics' also rebuilds and upgrades convertible hydraulic pumps, as well as manufacturing our own upgraded hydraulic lines.
Owning and driving a convertible with an automatic top is prestigious, convenient and exciting - let Top Hydraulics help you enjoy your beautiful car even more by making your convertible top system truly better than new!
Top Hydraulics' standard warranty is 3 years on rebuilds/upgrades of convertible top cylinders and hydraulic pumps, and on new hydraulic hoses.
The Convertible Top Hydraulic Pump p/n 6559A001 (78142A) in the Eclipse Spyder actuates eight Hydraulic Cylinders:
1) The Tonneau Cylinder (opening and closing the storage cover) p/n MN181812 (78146D)
2) The Toneau-Latch Cylinder (latching and unlatching the storage cover) p/n MN181808 (78146C)
3) & 4) RH and LH Main Rotary Actuator (hinge type) p/n 6559A134 (RH) and 6559A133 (LH) (78146H and 78146G, respectively)
5) & 6) RH and LH 5th Bow Cylinders (raising and lowering the rear bow with the window in it) p/n 6559A063 (RH) and 6559A064 (LH) (78146E and 78146F, respectively)
7) & 8) Secondary Cylinders (moving the front of the soft top frame, has travel sensor) p/n 6559A060 (78146B)
The pump is located under the soft top storage compartment. Removal and replacement of pump and individual cylinders is less complicated than it may appear. When removing cylinders, make sure to retract the polished cylinder shaft before removing the hydraulic line clips, in order to avoid accidental damage to the shaft by slipping tools.